Know your enemy! Nato vs Warsaw Pact

Know your enemy! Nato vs Warsaw Pact

Wednesday 21 November 2018

Early Cold War Commonwealth Division 1950-1965


FSOD; Field Service Olive Drab still a British feel despite the American M1 helmet


Changing over to FN series of weapons





While playing with my phone and trying some ideas, I have purchased another set of Valiant British Tommies 1944.
I'd like to build up my Canadian Army.
The early cold war saw the regular Canadian army as
The Royal Canadian Regiment
Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry
R22eR Vandoos
The Black Watch, Royal Highland Regiment of Canada

In addition, I shall add Australian:
Royal Australian Regiment
 British units

I shall be painting the units up in an olive green as their field dress.
I'd also like to play Bolt Action in the early cold war era and mixing up some of the kit I have from both periods.
Those units from WW2 who were still on the order of battle prior to the downsized of 1968, will be represented with kit up until the change over to modern kit in the 1960s.

It should make for some interesting games.




No comments:

Post a Comment