Know your enemy! Nato vs Warsaw Pact

Know your enemy! Nato vs Warsaw Pact

Tuesday 23 October 2018

4th Canadian Mechanized Brigade Group 1985

This is the Team Yankee formation using Canadian Units.
So far I have built up the 4th Brigade Group. This has the equipment which Canada had in Europe prior to their withdrawal in 1993.

The 4th Mechanized Brigade Group will consist of
1 Leopard C1 Squadron (3 Leopard tanks)

1 M113 Mechanized Infantry Company (3 M113 APC)
Additional units  fielded  include an ADATS squadron of 2 launchers
 a M109 battery,
A blowpipe section mounted in jeeps
A TOW troop of 2M113s and
A mortar element both M113 and dismounted as well as a set of Canadian infantry.
 a Canadian Carl G team from 2 PPCLI
As well, a Lynx recce squadron is also fielded
 first coat of paint.

Both Canadian units which I am building consist of equipment which I already have plus elements which I will pick up.
Most of what I have is not listed in the books, but would have come from either reserve units, or would have exhisted in 1985 and could have been bought "off the shelf" to ensure Canadian units would have been able to hold their ground. This will become a Battlegroup which I shall build up.

Heavy support elements will come from the Germans as I eliminated my American forces. However I do have a small section of Americans who will provide additional support.





No comments:

Post a Comment