Know your enemy! Nato vs Warsaw Pact

Know your enemy! Nato vs Warsaw Pact

Tuesday 23 October 2018

ANZAC armoured Brigade, Europe, 1985

Milan Anti-tank section, 5th/7th Battalion, Royal Australian Regiment. These fellows I am painting in the 1980s camo. 
Another addition is a Cavalry troop made up of 4 M113 MRV (2 with Saladin turrets, 2 with Scorpion turrets) and an M113 LRV, basically a  carrier with the gun shield. I'm building it up from scratch. this is in my 1/72 collection.  


So far, my ANZAC force is extremely light but I can field a bit of kit.
My Australian units from Vietnam will be drafted in, which is the infantry component. I have no plans on painting them in the Australian camo pattern as I still need them for Vietnam.
(flamesofwar.com) 
 a mix of my 1/72 and 1/87 for the ANZACs in Vietnam. 
The 2 FSV, Zippo, and basic carrier. 

Eventually I will add 3 more carriers once I have sorted out the Canadian set.
As of today, 1/2019, the Australians have a tank squadron with one Centurion for the 1/72 collection

For actual Team Yankee in 1985, they do have a squadron of  New Zealand squadron of 2 Scorpions. 
I will be building up the Scorpions from the kit I got today. 
I've been able to upgrade this force with additional M113 FSV and a Milan group. I was able to get some Leopard 1 tanks but am awaiting their arrival in Nunavut winter 2023.
Further growth to this force will be to have M113s with the gun turrets and mortar carriers. I have one battery of mortar carriers which are kit bashed, ie with terrain coverings to disguise the fact they have only half the parts.




No comments:

Post a Comment