Know your enemy! Nato vs Warsaw Pact

Know your enemy! Nato vs Warsaw Pact

Saturday 8 February 2014

Osprey Publishing - Warsaw Pact Ground Forces





I bought this volume in 1997 while teaching in South Korea
And the main part of my Warsaw Pact regular forces have been built from the information contained in this volume. I bought this volume while living in South Korea. The ESCI figures from below were inspired from this text. The armor for the Warsaw Pact I purchased from Old Glory minatures from their Command Decision range. My wife let me use her credit card before we got married to get them. Lovely women she is!


The following units I was able to build


East Germany: 1 Brigade  They have 1 Motor Rifles Regt, I airborne battn, an artillery battalion made up of older Soviet equipment. However, their tank regiment is made up of 3 T-72 from Old Glory minatures, 1 BRDM, 2 BDR 50
Poland: 1 Brigade. I have one Motorised Rifle Regiment and a Naval Infantry Battalion. with attached older Soviet equipment. Their tanks are a mix of  2 T-54, 1 PT-76 and Su-100. 1 BRDM, 2 BTR 50
Czechkoslovakia: 1 Brigade, 2 T-54, 1 T-34/85, 2 BTR 50
Hungary: 1 Brigade 2 T-55, 1 T-34/85, 2 BTR 50
Romania: 1 Brigade, 2 T-55, 1 T-34/85, 2 BTR 152
Bulgaria: 1 Brigade, 2 IS 2 Tanks,


Thus in a wargame situation, I'd be able to field one multi-national division, or drafting in WW2 Soviets and Germans, I could equip units with surplus equipment, up to a division each.










No comments:

Post a Comment