Know your enemy! Nato vs Warsaw Pact

Know your enemy! Nato vs Warsaw Pact

Friday 22 March 2019

Further on from Siege of Jadotville, September, 1961

Wargames Illustrated Issue 377 also did an excellent article on the Irish Army's forgotten battle in the Congo in 1961. The article is based of of the Netflix movie which I posted about back in 2016.
Once again, I have the figures to fight the battle if I mix and match up a few different troops from several different eras. I have Late World War 2 Brits which I have painted in NATO green in order to use for early Cold War events.
I have several figures which I have painted up as insurgents and Mercenaries,

Irish Army
Six fire teams: four figures including a bren gunner. Other small arms Lee Enfield or FN
Total 24 figures
2 Vickers MMGs
2 60mm Mortars
1 Carl Gustav
The Irish get 6 bunkers to entrench in.
They also have access to 2 Ford MkVI Armored Cars, but i may have to substitute some British armoured cars in their stead.

Katanga/Mercenary forces
Gendarme Infantry: 12 squads of 6 figures each: 72
Civilain/European: 3 Squads of six figures: 18
Mercs: 3 squads 6 figures each: 18
3 Landrovers armed with HMG, (hello para jeeps with mgs)
2 82mm Mortars
75mm French gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment