Know your enemy! Nato vs Warsaw Pact

Know your enemy! Nato vs Warsaw Pact

Friday 22 March 2019

Indo-Pakistan War, 1971 Bangladesh War of Independence

Wargames Illustrated Issue 377 for March 2019 had an interesting article on actions in the Dinajpur region

Luckily the amount of figures and kit to use are small, no more than 4 tanks per side, and figure wise, less and 50 per side.

it should make for an interesting looking table as a mix of ww2 and cold war gear.
I recieved through a trade several figure sets which can be fitted out as Pakistani forces and a Centurion which will go to my potential Indian army. The Indians are in WW2 British kit

Additions to my collection have recently included American style uniform troops suitable for the 1950s to 1980s range with weapons from the 1940s through to the 1950s which would suit for the Pakistani army of the 1970s.
7/28/2019 update:
This is one of my actions I am going to try out this week, once I can clear off my last game bits.
I'm going to use the Team Yankee rules for the action. Bolt Action could also be used so I'll try with both on two different actions
Indian infantry taking heavy casualties 

Indian Centurion knocked out

Indian 25pdr battery very ineffective 

mixed Indian cavalry unit of Comets and T-62s

Pakistan infantry in jeeps aggressively hit the village 



despite losses to their m47s they continue to advance 

the village falls, East Pakistan is still a part of Pakistan 



No comments:

Post a Comment