Know your enemy! Nato vs Warsaw Pact

Know your enemy! Nato vs Warsaw Pact

Thursday 3 January 2019

Winter of '79


one of the other side projects i've been working on is the idea of the Winter of '79 game which I have been following over the years. Since I have been able to upgrade my BAOR units, I now have some units and kit which could make for some interesting games, using the Team Yankee rules.
I've also got some basic armed civilians and some interesting characters who could just very well be a pain in Thatcher's backside. Plus some Late War British Tommies I'm painting up in Olive to serve in the dying days of Empire
and whose not to say Northern Ireland won't kick off eh?
And amazingly enough when I stopped by my old favorite hobby shop in Halifax, I found some railroad figures who appear to be hunting so I now have a set of figures who could be armed civilians.
The armed civilians have an assortment of rifles and shotguns.
The veterans are armed with an assortment of WW2 weapons and modern mgs.
As I get them based, I will post the pics.
Also with the increase of kits for my Team Yankee forces, there is an abundance of kit which can be used as weapons by factions in Winter of '79.
And if currently events in the UK are any indication, fantasy may become reality
So one of the insurgents groups could be armed with wombats, and a Saladin and Humber pig APCs
As of September 2020, I'm still going to be getting some actions together on this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment