Know your enemy! Nato vs Warsaw Pact

Know your enemy! Nato vs Warsaw Pact

Saturday 8 December 2018

A solution to fielding a whole British Division with what I have.

Ok, rather than having to go out and buy additional equipment, I am going to fill out my British Division with Australian, and Canadian units. I have done this in a few actions but my next British led action will include every Commonwealth kit I can throw in, including some older guns, just for fun.
I have done this for the Warsaw Pact attacks. I am going to try some of the scenarios from the main rule book.
However, I did find a shop called Gametronics, which is in a community about an hour from where I live. This place is filled with many of the kits I have been wanting to get. They were cleaned out of their Canadian kit, and I saw many other kits I wanted to buy but limited myself to three sets of unit cards, and two additional boxes of British kit.

As such, the Iron Division now consists of a box of FV432s 5 of these
and abox of Spartans, 4 kits in their box.
Now here comes the fun part.
12/20
I finally had the chance to visit the only store in Nova Scotia that sells Team Yankee kit and bought two sets of British kit. F432 APCs to be done up as several versions and a set of Spartan IFV. So the British can remuster after an autumn of Action. 
I will be using the extra bits of Swingfire bits to build these up, but here's the kicker. I won't be building them on the chasis, but rather I will mock them up and camoflage them up in hiding with the firing bits and mgs poking out.
The Spartan kits I have consist of elements to make Striker Swingfire launchers, 
There are also mortars and Blowpipe sections but rather than build these into the kits, I may keep the basic kit and have the units dismount. 

 a centurion tank another is to be built



 British infantry for the time. 1950 up to about 1965 once the FN came in as a service rifle

 a squadron of comets which could field into Team Yankee as a reservist tank unit

 a Saladin armored car with a 76 mm gun

 2/3 stock cars from a matchbox toy car military set from the 1970s I'm using the weapons as though they are heavy machine guns rather than Cannon

 these are two British Style either armored personnel carriers or Scout Vehicles not sure which they were part of a Matchbox toy car military said I got back in the 1970s

 I believe these are 200 Pig armored personnel carriers they were part of a Matchbox toy car set I got back in the late 1970s

 the Jeffrey tank was used by British forces at the end of World War II and could possibly have been kept in reserve into the Korean War



No comments:

Post a Comment