Know your enemy! Nato vs Warsaw Pact

Know your enemy! Nato vs Warsaw Pact

Thursday 20 December 2018

Warsaw Pact: Czechoslovak People's Army 1. Tankova Divize

I thought I had posted this last night, but fatigue must have kicked in.
My Czechoslovak force is small but powerful. Due to the events of 1968, this force in Team Yankee is not very aggressive, but I have modelled it with 
1. Tankovy Pluk: 3xT-72
1. Motorizovany Puskovy Pluk: 3x BTR 60. Despite the fact that these are older, most of the more modern kit has been shuttled to the other Warsaw Pact forces, (and as of yet, I haven't been able to pick up BMPs for any of my other forces)
Lidova Armada: BRDM-2 Scout Platoon: 2xBRDM-2. 
1st Artillery Regiment: MR-70 
A Squadron of Spandrels and anti aircraft BRDMs



Reading up on the events of the Prague Spring of 1968, and the Warsaw Pact/Soviet Invasion, I'm thinking that this force could potentially become an unwilling ally, and a potential third element, in that when confronted by a NATO force, they may switch sides! I mean, the Czech Republic was champing at the bit to join NATO in the 1990s. 

No comments:

Post a Comment