Know your enemy! Nato vs Warsaw Pact

Know your enemy! Nato vs Warsaw Pact

Thursday 20 December 2018

The M113, the battle taxi of NATO

The vast majority of NATO forces used the M113 as their primary APC during the cold war. It was widely exported to many nations in the world, many of whom the US thought of as friendly or allies.
This one, is painted in the colours of the ROK. This vehicle is parked at the Korean War Memorial in Seoul, South Korea, and I took this in January of 1997 while I was teaching English there.
This is one of the most numerious vehicles I have in my Team Yankee gaming system. Over the next little while, I shall be attempting to add more pictures from my own collection of the vehicles and kit I posess.
Canadian


West German Artillery  FOO



My entire M113 fleet minus the Dutch ones which I'll post later.
various MG armed carriers left to right a) Norwegian M3, b) American M60 c) Canadian  .30cal
 d) Canadian .50
Weapons support variant 
 TOW Squadron for my Canadians one is an American version which the Canadians did get a little later, (but in a time of war, the government would have to augment what the forces had.)
A mortar carrier which I had to fix twice, once to fit a British mortar then to fit the actual piece which had been misplaced.
Ambulance 

ACV variants two painted as Danish, I believe that I have 2 Dutch ones also, which were in another box buried under some other boxes.

the Australian section made up 2 Fire support versions, a basic. 50 version and a Flamethrower version nicknamed the Zippo. This force I have done up for the 1 Australian Task Force for Vietnam but is also the basis of an Australian force I would deploy for Team Yankee. 
Most of the collection was bought in Canada and Japan from 1990 to 2002. They were in storage from 2004-2015 when I returned to live in Canada.









No comments:

Post a Comment