Know your enemy! Nato vs Warsaw Pact

Know your enemy! Nato vs Warsaw Pact

Wednesday 26 December 2018

The 17th/21st Lancers, Britain's main Tank unit in Team Yankee

I have finally been able to build up this unit with the kits I got for Christmas, and with what i had in my collection.

At the moment, I have 2 troops of Chieftain tanks 7 to be exact, which have a rate of fire of 2 shots per turn up to 100cm away.
a troop of 3 Challenger tanks,
and a troop of 6 Swingfire Guided Weapons troop. These can fire one missile per turn up to 120cm away. I have modeled the Swingfire troops in cover.
From what Battlefront Minatures website, they are planning on putting out a second British book which will include Challengers and Warrior IFVs. So this will be picked up, and there is some indication of reserves. I still plan on fielding all of the British kit I have in order to meet the Soviet horde.
Pictures of my tanks will be forthcoming. But I need to do some repairs on my Chieftains and some flocking on my Swingfire troop as they are mocked up as in hiding.
Over the Last year I have been able to build up an additional 3 in 1/72 and 5 in 15mm.
So currently I have 14.
This means that I have about 4 troops making a fully equipped Squadron.





As to my 15mm kits, 
1 HQ tank 6pts
Chieftain troop 2 tanks
Chieftain troop 2 tanks
Swingfire troop 6 carriers




No comments:

Post a Comment