Know your enemy! Nato vs Warsaw Pact

Know your enemy! Nato vs Warsaw Pact

Monday 3 December 2018

Indonesian Confrontation, 1963-66


One of my Christmas presents to myself is a copy of the Osprey Publishing book of that name.
and a year later I'm finally getting information down on this.
One of the inspirations of this project was a Wargames in Minature article and an Osprey book I used to have South East Asian Special Forces. I let this book go as the units depicted in the book were implicated in human rights violations in the East Timor conflict.
As to my minatures I have sufficient kit for British units as well as Commonwealth units. The troops will be a mixture of Lee Enfield and SLR and M16 armed units as well as Communist and WW2 Americans as the Indonesian forces.
As of 6/2/2019, this project is still ticking along. One of the issues has been to acquire both Commonwealth and Indonesian forces. I have now built up a generic force of US equipped troops and Commonwealth types armed with appropriate weapons and equipment from 1945-66.

No comments:

Post a Comment